• Implemented eSignature in personal lines. We are at the front of the pack and winning business with this “path of least resistance” offering. Clients can sign documents easily – anywhere, any time. Agents’ policies are completed faster. And, it saves time and paper costs.
• Implemented a high dividend equity strategy as part of our investment management efforts that should deliver significant additional income in 2017.
• Continued to involve key management staff in development programs to support our succession planning program, preparing staff members for promotion opportunities.
• Completed employee engagement survey, which established an initial baseline and identified areas of opportunity to focus our engagement efforts; responses demonstrated our employees are proud to be on the Penn National Insurance team.
Our employee engagement measured 82% in the survey results, compared to an average within the insurance industry of 67%.
• Continued to replace legacy automation systems with more powerful and flexible systems, including an upgrade to our Claims Workstation, ImageRight and Agency Data Management systems, and continued foundational work on replacing our Policy Administration System.
• Generated $4 million in direct premium writings with our cyber liability product.
• Launched an educational and networking program for producers new to the industry, called “Aspire Group,” which was well received by agents.